Commending our Shallowater ISD students for extraordinary achievement in the classroom is vital to the continued success of our current student body as well as our future alumni.
The Shallowater Education Foundation is pleased to recognize so many of our deserving students and their academic achievements.
The Shallowater Education Foundation will award scholarships in the pursuit of higher education to deserving graduating high school seniors attending high schools in the Shallowater Independent School District.
• Applicants must be a graduating senior of a high school of the Shallowater Independent School District during the application year.
• Applicants must plan on attending an accredited college, university, community college, or technical school.
• Applicants must be good students and active in their high school and community.
• Applicants must demonstrate quality character traits such as good citizenship, trustworthiness, responsibility, respect, honesty, fairness, and caring.
Scholarship Application Process
• Applications are available online at www.ShallowaterEducationFoundation.org. Click on When We Make a Difference and then click on Recognition of Academic Achievement.
• All scholarship applications must be completed as accurately as possible.
• A copy of your high school transcript must be attached.
• Your completed essay must be attached to the application.
• Completed applications must be submitted by the 2020 DEADLINE : April 15 @ midnight
• Be sure all required documents are included with your application. Applications received without all of the required documents will not be considered.
• Official copy of high school transcript
• Two letters of Recommendation
• Completed application
• Student's Statement signed and dated
Notification of Scholarship Winners
• The Shallowater Education Foundation will notify recipients in early May.
Benefits of the Shallowater Education Foundation Scholarship
• This scholarship will help pay for tuition and fees at the college, university, community college, or technical school of your choice during the fall semester.
• Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1,000.00. This amount will be paid to your college, university, community college or technical school.
• Any unused portion of the awarded scholarship will remain with the Shallowater Education Foundation.
Scholarship Application Timeline 2020
Scholarship Program Timeline
April 15 @ midnight – all scholarships due
June 22 – Scholarship Recipient Report due
July 1 – Payment sent to colleges