Board Members Only
BOARD MEMBER AGREEMENT
I understand that as a member of the Board of Directors of the Shallowater Education Foundation, I have a legal
and moral responsibility to ensure that the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals. I
believe in the purpose and the mission of the organization and I will act responsible and prudently as its steward.
As part of my responsibilities as a board member:
1. I will interpret the organization's work and values to the community, represent the organization and act
as an advocate.
2. I will attend board meetings, committee meetings and events. I understand that if three (3) consecutive
meetings are missed, the board of directors may remove me as a member of the board.
3. I will make a personal financial contribution at a level that is meaningful to me.
4. I will actively participate in one or more fundraising activities.
S. I will participate on a committee.
6. I will act in the best interests of the organization and excuse myself from discussions and votes where I
have a conflict of interest.
7. I will maintain and protect the privacy of donors, prospective donors, alumni and friends of the
organization. If I suspect or become aware of any breach of confidentiality, I will notify the organization's
8. I will stay informed about the organization. I will ask questions and request information. I will participate
in and take responsibility for making decisions on issues, policies and other board matters.
9. I will work in good faith with staff and other board members as partners towards achievement of our
10. If I do not fulfill these commitments to the organization I will expect the board president to call me and
discuss my responsibilities with me.
In turn, the Shallowater. Education Foundation will be responsible to me in several ways:
1. I will be sent, without request, timely information and reports.
2. Opportunities will be offered to me to discuss with the board president the organization's programs,
goals, activities and status. Additionally, I can request such an opportunity.
3. The organization will help me perform my duties by keeping me informed about issues in the industry and
field in which we are working by offering me opportunities for professional development as a board
4. Called Board meetings will last no longer than 1 hour.
5. Shallowater Education Foundation will carry Directors and Officers Liability Insurance.
SEF Board Notes
Kick Off Event Planning
Log info here:
2021 Summer Concert
Golf Tournament Planning
Log info here:
2021 Golf Teams/Hole Sponsors
Mission, Vision, and Articles